Privacy Notice: Website Visitors
July 6, 2020
Kipsu, Inc. (“Kipsu”, “we”, “our”, or the “Company”) and its subsidiaries are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the Company’s website (“visitors”), individuals who have signed a service agreement with the Company (“clients”) to use our on-demand real time online engagement platform (“services”) and the guests of our clients who elect to use our services to communicate with our clients (“end users”).
Below is a description of what data we gather from you as a visitor to our publicly-accessible website – www.kipsu.com. Also, included below is a description of why we collect data on the visitors to the Kipsu website, how we use the data we collect, and information on your choices regarding use, access and correction of personal information. Throughout this notice, “data” includes personal information about you. If you are interested in learning more about our practices regarding data that we collect as a client of Kipsu or an end user of Kipsu, click here.
Before you submit any data on or through the Kipsu website, please carefully review this notice. If you do not agree to the terms of this notice, do not use or visit the Kipsu website. By using or visiting the Kipsu website, you agree to the terms of this notice.
How You May Contact Us
You may us contact via email at email@example.com. Or, you may write to us at the address listed below.
Attn: Privacy Officer
100 S 1st Street #583491
Minneapolis, MN 55458
Data We Collect
Data you give to us directly. At some places on the Kipsu website, you can fill in a web form to share your personal contact data with us directly, such as on our “get help” page, “contact us” pages or any form associated with requesting downloadable content. We collect the data you provide in response to those web forms. This data may include your name, company name, email address, mailing address and phone number.
Data we collect from you automatically. When you visit the Kipsu website, we automatically collect data regarding your browser and log files, including your operating system, your internet protocol (IP) address, domain name of your internet service provider, geographic location, date/time stamp, and click stream data, including the pages you visit while you are on the Kipsu site.
We may also collect data about you. Based on data you provide above, we may also collect data about you from third party social networking services, publicly accessible sources, our subsidiaries, or our third party service providers. We can combine any of the data we collect from or about you and use it in the manner described in this notice.
Please also see How We Can Use Data, How We May Disclose Data, Where We Store Data, Cross-Border Transfers, Your Choices Regarding Your Data, Security, Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track, Links to Other Websites, Retention and Children below.
How We Can Use Data
We can use the data that we collect for the following purposes, subject to applicable law, including:
- The purposes for which you provided it;
- To provide information about our services;
- To provide the Kipsu website to you, including any notifications or updates relating to the Kipsu website;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and comments (for example, regarding information requests);
- To notify you about changes to the Kipsu website, our policies, terms or any services we offer or provide though it;
- To improve the Kipsu website or to develop new services;
- To contact you with information, including marketing information, that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To customize our marketing;
- To aggregate or de-identify data, and we can share aggregated or de-identified data relating to visitors to and users of the Kipsu website with any third party for any purpose;
- To analyze how you use the Kipsu website and to analyze the Kipsu website;
- To allow us to personalize and enhance your experience using the Kipsu website;
- To call you via telephone and or send you electronic communications (for example, emails); and
- As otherwise stated in this notice.
Please also see Data We Collect and How We Can Use Data above, and How We May Disclose Data, Where We Store Data, Cross-Border Transfers, Your Choices Regarding Your Data, Security, Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track, Links to Other Websites, Retention and Children below.
How We May Disclose Data
Data can be disclosed to third parties in accordance with this notice, subject to applicable law. Please note that a user can choose not to share certain data. See Your Choices Regarding Your Data below.
- Third Parties and Service Providers. We can use third parties or service providers to perform functions in connection with the Kipsu website (for example, providing marketing, data analysis, enhancing the data collected from or about you) or to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this notice. We can share data about you that they need to perform their functions and in accordance with our agreements with them.
- Subsidiaries. We can also share your data with any subsidiary of ours for purposes consistent with this notice. Any subsidiary of ours will be required to maintain that data in accordance with this notice.
- Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, divestiture, joint venture, securities offering, financing, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we can share or transfer your data (including, without limitation, in connection with due diligence for any such transaction) to a third party or parties in connection therewith and it can be used subsequently by such third party or parties.
- Investigations and Law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we can disclose data about you to third parties to:
- Comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement agencies or officials or private parties, including laws outside of your country of residence;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety and property or in an emergency, or that of our users or others;
- To resolve disputes;
- Protect against legal liability;
- Establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; or
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety or property of us, users or others, violation of our policies or agreements or as otherwise required by law.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Data. We can share aggregated or de-identified data relating to visitors to and users of the Kipsu website with any third party for any purpose.
- With Your Consent. We can share your data other than as described in this notice if we notify you and you consent to the sharing thereof.
- At Your Request. We can share your data with any other individual or third party or service provider at your request.
- For any other purpose we describe to you at the time you provide your data.
Please also see Data We Collect, How We Can Use Data and How We May Disclose Data above, and Where We Store Data, Cross-Border Transfers, Your Choices Regarding Your Data, Security, Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track, Links to Other Websites, Retention and Children below.
Where We Store Data
We store the data that we collect on servers located in the United States. Therefore, your data can be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your data through laws applicable in the United States. By using the Kipsu website, you understand that your data can be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
For transfer of your personal information from the European Economic Area to countries that are not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures. We participate in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. We have certified with the U.S. Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Principles, visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome. If you have any inquiries or complaints about our handling of your personal information under Privacy Shield, or about our privacy practices generally, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a Privacy Shield complaint that we have not otherwise satisfactorily addressed with you directly, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. Under certain conditions, as more fully described at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you can pursue binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Please see this privacy notice regarding:
- the types of personal information we collect,
- the purposes for collection and use of such personal information,
- the types of third parties to which we can provide personal information and the purposes for which we can do so; and
- the right of individuals to access their personal information and the choices and means we offer individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their personal data.
If we transfer personal information received under the Privacy Shield to a third party, the third party's access, use and disclosure of the personal data must also be in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations, and we will remain liable under the Privacy Shield for any failure to do so by the third party unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Please see our Privacy Shield registration at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We may be required to disclose personal information that we handle under the Privacy Shield in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Please also see Data We Collect, How We Can Use Data, How We May Disclose Data, Where We Store Data above and Cross-Border Transfers above, and Your Choices Regarding Your Data, Security, Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track, Links to Other Websites, Retention and Children below.
Your Choices Regarding Your Data
You have choices regarding the use of your data on the Kipsu website.
Changing Your Data. You can make changes to your data, including accessing your data, correcting or updating your data or deleting your data by emailing us at email@example.com.
Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
100 S 1st Street #583491
Minneapolis, MN 55458
Withdrawing Consent. You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time emailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
100 S 1st Street #583491
Minneapolis, MN 55458
Although we use administrative, technical and physical measures to help protect the data you submit via the Kipsu website from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No internet or electronic communication transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Internet or electronic communications, including those sent through the Kipsu website, may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting data through the Kipsu website and take special care in deciding which data you provide us with. We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your data.
Please also see Data We Collect, How We Can Use Data, How We May Disclose Data, Where We Store Data, Cross-Border Transfers, Your Choices Regarding Your Data above and Security above, and Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track, Links to Other Websites, Retention and Children below.
Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer. Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s or user’s computer after the browser has been closed. Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s or user’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s or user’s computer when they close the browser software. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Kipsu website.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send data about your computer when you visit the Kipsu website, or open an email we send to you) may be used.
- Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user's online activities over time and across different internet services when a user uses the Kipsu website. Below is a link to a resource regarding online tracking:
For Google Analytics, please see https://policies.google.com/privacy, https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/ and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from Web browsers or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about a user’s online activities over time and across third party internet services.
Links to Other Websites
We will retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this notice, while we have a legitimate business need to do so, or as required by law (for example, for legal, tax, accounting or other purposes), whichever is the longer.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the personal information, the purposes for which we use the personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from individuals under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not access, use, or submit any personal information through the Kipsu website. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update or modify this notice at any time and from time to time. Please review this notice periodically, and especially before you provide any data. This notice was made effective on the date indicated above.